Saturday 21 January 2017

Lego Star Wars Magazine Jan 2017 Kanan Jarrus Minifigure Review


This is the first time I have purchased one of the Lego Star Wars magazines. This is not because I am not a Star Wars fan, I most definitely am but I've never been a fan of the toys they usually bundle on front of these magazines. Most of the time it's just mini builds that look like they've been taken directly from the Star Wars advent calendar. However this time they have decided to put a minifigure on the cover so I snapped one up. The figure is of a character from Star Wars Rebels named Kanan Jarrus. I am yet to watch rebels so forgive me for knowing next to nothing about him.

 




Kanan Jarrus has only appeared in 4 sets so far and he looks slightly different in each one. So it's quite nice to be able to get him in such a cheap way.  The figure on this magazine looks like it is identical to the one you get with Lego 75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike. His hair piece is dark brown in a pony tail style. They have used the darker flesh tone for his head which has two face prints. One with a series expression and one with a bit of a smirk. His torso is that really nice olive green colour with straps and such printed on both the front and back. His right arm is dark green but his left arm is olive green to match his torso. He has dark grey legs with printing to which looks like a holster for his blaster. He is a Jedi so his accessory is a blue lightsabre with a silver hilt.



I like the figure and it's nice to get one of the Rebels minifigures in a fairly cheap way. I hope the makers of the Lego Star Wars magazine start including more minifigures in the future. The magazine itself is filled with comics, puzzles and competitions which I'm sure is quite a lot of fun for the younger star wars and Lego fans. The next issue contains a mini build of  The Ghost which is a ship from Star Wars rebels. I will be giving that one a miss as I said I'm not a fan of these mini builds and I already have the micro fighter ghost which I really like.


0 comments:

Post a Comment