Saturday 24 September 2016

Fab-Bricks Custom Lego Sonic Item Box Tiles Review


When I was a child my favorite game console was the Sega Megadrive and one of my favorite characters was Sonic the Hedgehog. I had the games, the comics, the merchandise and I watched the cartoons. I drew pictures of Sonic and even pretended to be Sonic in the school yard running around at the speed of sound. I loved sonic back then but now is a different story. The last Sonic game I completed was sonic adventure on the Sega Dreamcast and that was a good game. However I haven't had much interest in his recent outings. I might enjoy the if I give them a chance (except for Sonic Heroes, i already tried that and hated it) but usually there's just some other game I would rather play. I am however a huge Lego fan and the news of Sonic appearing in Lego Dimensions has piqued my interest. You see although I've been ignoring Sonic in recent years he still has a special nostalgia fueled place in my heart. The combination of Sonic and Lego interests me and I cna't wait to see how they handle the sonic levels in Lego Dimensions.


With the release of the Lego Dimensions Sonic level pack only months away the people over at Fab-Bricks have produced some custom printed accessories to go with my eagerly awaited Sonic minifigure. The accessories come in the form of printed tiles representing item boxes which you will find in almost every sonic game. The tiles appear to be inspired by the item boxes found in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 as the Fire, Water and Lightening shield pick ups first appeared in that game. In addition to the tiles you get a White 2x4 brick keyring with the Chaos Emeralds printed on the side.






Each power up is printed on a light bluish grey 2x2 official Lego tile and you get six in total. The printing is possibly the best custom printing I have seen and could easily be mistaken for official Lego printing. The finish on the printing just resembles official Lego printing so closely that you definitely struggle to determine that these are custom printed. The six power ups are Power Sneakers, Super Rings, Invincibility, Fire Shield, Lightning Shield and Water Shield.


The key-ring is equally impressive and is printed on an official Lego brick. I'm fairly sure the key-ring is fully custom made and they have not simply printed the Chaos Emeralds on an existing Lego key-ring. I like it so much that I will definitely be attaching it to my keys. The design is so colour and the printing is of course excellent.


In summary this is a great little custom set with fantastic printing. It arrived so quick also, I ordered them on Thursday and got them on Friday. The power ups great when applied to a little moc item box build and the key ring looks great. I will definitely be keeping an eye on Fab-Bricks in future. Keep up the good work Fab-Bricks.

1 comment:

  1. your custom boxes design is very good i like your all designs and impress your hard work.

    ReplyDelete