Saturday 17 September 2016

LEGO Ideas Pick: Sega Classic Arcade Machines

Lego Ideas Pick time and here we have the Sega Classic Arcade Machines project by SpacySmoke.
I was flicking through the Lego Ideas pages and spotted this and the design just grabbed my attention. You Can find the project here.


Being a fan of both Lego and video games, I am always looking for ways of bringing the two together and when I spotted this project I thought it was great. I immediately had ideas (that will most likely stay as just ideas) for creating my own Lego arcade for my minifigures to play in. I am familiar with the three games on display here however not from arcades. I have played either these games or sequels to these games on home console. If you do a quick google search for the arcade machines that these are based on you can see what a great job the SpacySmoke has done with his designs. I also love the idea of adding a Ryo Hazuki (the lead character of Shenmue) as a minifigure to play on the games.


Other featured minifigures included are both a Male and Female Sega fan and Yu Suzuki the famous Sega game designer of the featured games. 


I would love to see this as an official Lego product and with the recent addition of Sonic to the Lego Dimensions lineup I can see this actually happening when the project gets to the review stage. At the time of posting the project has 6904 supporters, so not that far to go. Good luck SpacySmoke I will definitely be backing your project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment