Saturday 10 September 2016

MINIFIGS.ME Pokemon Go Accessories Review



So a few months ago Pokemon Go was released in the UK on various mobile devices. I'm not going to describe what Pokemon Go is here because if you don't know at this point you probably aren't interested anyway. When it came out the whole world was once again struck with Pokemania. Everyone was talking about Pokemon and you couldn't go to the shops without seeing Pokemon merchandise in some form. Obviously with this happening everybody and I mean everybody wanted some kind of Pokemon/Lego crossover. The Pokemon license has gone to construction toy companies before including Mega Bloks and Ionix (neither of which appeared in the UK to my knowledge). Unfortunately official Lego Pokemon products are not likely to be announced any time soon but luckily MINIFIGS.ME has us covered. Not only did they already produce some adorable brick built Pokemon figures but they added some extra Pokemon items to their catalogue shortly after Pokemon Go was released.





One such item was the limited edition "Catch 'Em All Phone Game" minifigure accessory. The accessory is designed to look like a smart phone running Pokemon Go and is printed on an official Lego 1x2 black tile. The game is instantly recognizable even on the tiny screen with a small Pokeball symbol at the bottom and what looks like a Squirtle on the top left. The design also features a Lego character which I think represents the player's avatar. I think this is a great little item with great design and printing and would be great for somebody who wanted to add a Pokemon Go zombie to their Lego city.





I saw the brick built Pokemon figures a while ago and was just waiting for a good reason to order this little guy. This Diglett is my favorite out of all of the brick built figures that MINIFIGS.ME has to offer. I think it's mainly because the shape suits this character the best and just look how adorable he is. The figure is made up of two parts (I'm unsure of the official names of these) a brown rounded dome piece for the head/body and light green smooth tile for the base. strangely enough the picture on the website showed a figure built from three pieces with a small dome and cylinder to make up the head and body. I actually prefer the one I received so I'm happy enough. The base allows you to wobble the character without them falling over which is quite fun. The print for this character is very simple as the only distinguishing features are the eyes and nose (or mouth with one tooth depending on how you look at it). I think this particular figure may have been a bit expensive at £3.99 with it having such a simple print but I still really like it and I won't complain too much.



Finally what is the point of having a brick built Pokemon if you are unable to catch it. MINIFIGS.ME has started selling these cute limited edition Pokeballs so your minifigures can be ready to Catch 'em all. I ordered two of these and I am not disappointed they look great and the print is sharp and colourful. The Pokeballs are printed on 1x1 white tiles and fit nicely in a minifigures hand in various orientations. There was a few pits of print that spilled over to the edges but not too badly and easily cleaned up. This is a simple product with a simple design but that's all it has to be and I really like it.

MINIFIGS.ME has done a great job with these Pokemon products and they have some more great ones on their site. I urge any Pokemon/Lego fan to go and check it out. Now to hope that all of this Pokemon stuff will keep me entertained until Pokemon Sun and Moon come out in November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment