Wednesday 28 September 2016

Penzora Custom Saturn Girl Minifigure Review

This is my second review of a Penzora custom minifigure, the first being a custom Alfred Pennyworth figure that I reviewed a few months back. I was really happy with that figure but due to the simple design I felt I should get another with more printing to try get a better idea of the quality that Penzora produce. For my second Penzora figure I chose Saturn Girl who is a member of the Legion of Super Heroes. I don't know much about the character but I chose her as she appears in the Lego Justice League Cosmic Clash movie which was release in March this year. The movie features the Legion of Super Heroes consisting of three members. Lighting Lad who is officially available in minifigure form in a promotional Target cube and was reviewed by me some time ago. Cosimic Boy who was available with the Blu-Ray Copy of the Cosmic Clash movie in some regions. I managed to get hold of a Cosmic Boy minifigure and I may review it in future. The final member is Saturn Girl and a lot of people seemed to expect Lego to release as an official figure in some form, I however was very skeptical. It's been a while since the release of the movie now and there's been no sign of her so I decided to complete the team by ordering a custom version.




The design of this figure is not directly copied from the design in the Cosmic Clash movie. This has clearly been a custom design by Penzora and I really like it. I like that the face is also a custom design as it would have been very easy just to use an existing generic female face for this character. The figure is made of 100% official Lego pieces with custom printing. The printing is nice and sharp with a slightly textured finish. She has printing on the front of her torso, legs and her arms. I think the printing on the arms is a nice touch and is nicely done. I like how the design carries across the torso and the hips creating a seamless join. I like the custom design of the face and appreciate the effort of incorporating the colour of her costume into the eye make-up.


In summary, this is a great figure and I think it really shows off what Penzora can accomplish. The design and printing are both fantastic and I think she looks great alongside her team mates. A big thank you Penzora for making great figures and helping me complete the Legion of Super Heroes team.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment