Tuesday 4 October 2016

Lego Minifigures Series 16 Dog Show Winner Review

This is a figure that has been upstaged by his accessories. The Dog Show Winner is an interesting figure on his own but it's his Westie pup and trophy that really make him stand out. I was really excited about the new dog mold as we have an adorable little Yorkie pup running around our house and I really hope that Lego decide to use this mold again with a different paint job because I would love to have a Lego Yorkshire Terrier.





One immediate thing that stands out for me on the figure itself is the blonde hair. Not only is this not a common hairstyle piece it comes in a not so common colour which is great. He has only one face print with an ecstatic look on his face and why not, he's just won first place after all. Apart from the face the only printing on this figure is the torso. The torso print represents a light blue blazer and is full of nice little details such as the blue first place ribbon and the dog biscuit sticking out of his pocket. He is also wearing a rather stylish tie. The legs are just plain tan but I think the colour scheme fits the character nicely. Accessories wise he has a nice silver trophy which has a very subtle print of dog silhouette on it. Finally my favorite part of this figure, the brand new dog. The dog looks like a west highland white to me and it looks fantastic. The little guy has an adorable face print with his tongue sticking out. It's nice to see Lego trying to include more dog breeds in their catalog of animals.








I'm really happy with this figure, he has some stand out features but ultimately man's best friend steals the show. I hope to see this dog mold used more in the future for more dog breeds and I'm sure dog owners as well as Lego fans will love this figure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment