Tuesday 11 October 2016

Lego Minifigures Series 16 Scallywag Pirate Review

The Scallywag pirate had the potential to be the most boring figure of this series. Pirates are not uncommon in the Lego minifigure world. There have been various Lego pirate themes available for years, in fact one of the earliest sets I can remember building was a pirate ship (which I absolutely loved). I was skeptical about Lego including another pirate minifigure in this series as they with the plethora of pirates already available but this pirate is brimming with so much detail (and possibly grog) that I am skeptical no more.










The brand new piece of this figure is his bald head and bandana which I assume is going to be used on many pirate minifigs in the future. He has a stubbly face with a surly expression and of course an eye patch. His right arm is printed with an anchor tattoo, which I think is a great little detail. His torso is made of blue plastic and the print represents a ragged open waist coat complete with a belt, a hairy chest and even detail on the back. His Legs are dual molded with a dark green colour at the top complete with ragged stripy shorts print and yellow at the bottom because he's so tough he walks around bare foot. His cutlass is the least interesting thing about as it is the standard cutlass design that has been around a long time. His map however is a brand new map design printed on a 2x2 tan tile.


I'm really pleased with the Scallywag Pirate figure as he has lots of interesting details to make him unique and not just another pirate. I think it's great that Lego have included a potentially boring figure and made him one of the most interesting figures of the bunch. He reminds me of the Spaceman of series 15 as he also seemed like he would have been a boring figure but ended up being one of my favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment