Saturday 3 December 2016

Lego Minifigures Series 16 Babysitter Review

This is the first time a babysitter has been included in the collectable minifigure series which is not surprising as recently we have had a few babies appearing in Lego form. Maggie Simpson was probably the first baby in a minifigure series and then the  adorable little baby that came with the Tribal Woman of series 15. The baby is definitely steals the show for this minifigure and I assume some people will try to get multiples of these just for the baby figure.




Let’s start with the babysitter herself who is an OK figure with some interesting parts but ultimately if she was on her own she would look a little generic. Her hair pigtail hair piece is really interesting and I’m pretty sure this is the first time that piece has appeared in blonde. Her head has only one sided face printing with what to me looks like a slight expression of “Oh my god what have I gotten myself into”. Her torso is quite cute being in a pastel purple with a pug print. It even has details on the back and the dual moulded arms make the whole torso a very unique piece. The legs are a pale blue with no printing so not much to say about those. She has a pale greeny blue baby bottle to feed the adorable little guy who has been left in her care while his parents go out on date night. I think the bottle is a new piece apart from appearing in 60134 fun at the park.




Now for the big draw of this figure, the cute little baby himself (I say himself as the baby is dressed in blue but could easily be a girl). I had seen pictures of the Lego baby before but I must say he is much more adorable in real life. A similar baby has appeared in 60134 fun at the park. I think they share the same head piece and body shape but this baby has a light blue body with a cute little bib with an elephant design on it. The tiny little head can be rotated and removed but I don’t know of anything else which would fit the tiny neck stud. Maybe we can look forward to different baby expressions in the future.



This figure is great but only because of the baby included. The babysitter does have a few cool features but she pales in comparison to her cute little companion. I hope we keep seeing babies in Lego sets as it just seems to add a bit for fun and family dynamic to the lives of our Lego people. This one was difficult to feel out actually as the first thing I found was the baby bottle and I had no idea what it was however the Baby helped me confirm what was in the bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment